Director of Product Marketing
Director of Product Marketing
As the Director of Product Marketing, you will play a key role in company positioning, marketing campaigns, sales enablement, and partner-related marketing activities. You will be responsible for creating and communicating compelling narratives and messaging, defining customer segments and creating content and initiatives that engage the customer and ultimately generates leads.
The ideal candidate will be a leader who can blend strategic thinking with tactical execution and be hands-on in creating content, messages, and programs. You’ll be both right-brain and left-brain, blending a creative eye with deep analytical thinking. You’ll not just ideate the campaign, but help define the dashboard to measure its success. You’ll believe in insights and facts more than opinions. You’ll understand that the best marketers are the ones who strive for insights, and follow through with the appropriate messaging, sales support, competitive positioning and program definition. You A/B test your way to the answer, building a way to listen to the customer, because you know the customer better than anyone else. And you’re effective at managing a team and building consensus with key stakeholders.
This is a high-profile position internally and externally – the right candidate will provide cross-functional leadership across marketing, sales and customer success. At AAJ, you’ll have an opportunity to work in a fast-growing market, surrounded by talented, motivated and global colleagues who thrive on helping executives to solve their most pressing business challenges.
- Be the trusted voice of the customer internally by surfacing qualitative and quantitative insights to shape product messaging, direction, and product-market fit.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates the company’s offerings from the competition.
- Develop compelling content in collaboration with internal stakeholders that will help drive customer engagement, thought leadership, and content marketing.
- Be a lead generation machine, constantly testing and trying new ways to generate business.
- Manage a technical team to build the dashboards you’ve designed to measure your initiatives.
Sales and Channel Enablement:
- Develop and communicate the value proposition of the company solution to the sales team and develop sales tools to enable the selling process of our products.
- Create customer case studies and video testimonials with input from the account team.
- Partner with CRM team to design sales nurturing email campaigns.
- Develop and produce market research and detailed sales ready competitive analysis (products and technology).
- Work with the CEO on evaluating partnerships and new monetization opportunities.
- A strategic-thinking leader with experience managing a team
- 5 – 8 years in a product marketing, marketing and/or lead generation role (ideally B2B)
- Small company mindset with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience developing and validating positioning, messaging and customer segmentation while also executing the go-to-market strategy – including creative development and branding – for a fast-paced technology company
- Experience with process improvement across marketing, sales, customer service organizations to drive acquisition & retention of new customers/accounts
- Able to juggle many projects with effective project management expertise
- Experience in creating case studies and customer success stories
- Experience with lead scoring, prioritization, and conversions using one or more lead generation/sales platforms
- Proven ability to establish goals and set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through with timely execution in a fluid, cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and analytical nature
- Passion for working with technology products and solving customer needs
- Experience with CRM platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA or equivalent preferred
- Email your resume to email@example.com and identify the position title “Director of Product Marketing” in the subject line.